Sunday, February 11, 2007

I'm Back!

Ok so I'm back. I can't promise that I'll remain here for a while but I'll try. I missed blogging. It's a great way to get your thoughts out and just let the stream of consciousness take over for a while. It's an amazing thing to write and just let your thoughts flow from your head down to your fingertips and out on the screen for everyone else to see. Hmmm . . . that's kinda of scary now that I think about it. Ok this will be a censored version of my thoughts, don't worry.

So tonight was an incredible night. We've been seeing some amazing things happen on SWU's campus and on our baseball team and I wish that I could go into it all, but I really don't have the time. I've got some last minute tying up to do on a valentine's gift for my beautiful girlfriend (hope she's not reading this).

Back to tonight: One of my buddies on the baseball received Christ tonight!! It was awesome!! We've been praying for him and talking to him about Jesus for a while and he's been showing up at Bible study almost every week, but he's been holding off on a decision. Finally, tonight he accepted Christ into his heart to be the Lord of his life. As I sat and ate dinner with him afterwards I explained to him how this is just the beginning and not the end of the journey and how exciting the rest of his life is going to be as long as he makes Jesus his first priority.

I want to tell you a little about why this story is so cool, because I feel that God spoke more to me in this experience than he did to Bud (that's this guys name) or anyone else. A few weeks ago I mentioned something to my Media Ethics teacher that I really wish that God's hand would just write on the wall his will (in regards to what I'm supposed to do in the future). I was really frustrated because it seems that God spoke in all these awesome ways in the Bible and yet we don't get to have encounters like that with God anymore. Elijah saw him in fire from heaven on Mt. Carmel, Moses saw him in a burning bush, and Daniel saw his hand write on the wall. So I began praying that God would write it on the wall what I was supposed to do with all these decisions I'm presently making.

We went to Newspring last Sunday (great church; Perry Noble, the pastor, has a blog site and there's a link to it on my sidebar). Perry did a sermon about telling your friends about Jesus and bringing them to church (in religionese that's called evangelism). At the end of the sermon he had us go write a name or two on the wall of the sanctuary of a person that we would commit to pray for that week and to whom we would extend an invitation to church the next week. So I felt that I needed to write Bud's name on the wall.

As I approached the wall with the pen in my hand I had one of those de ja vu moments. It was like I had been there, or was expecting to be there . . . right there in Newspring sanctuary, facing the wall, I felt God speak to me. His words were few but powerful, "You wanted to see Writing on the Wall, Davey. There you go." Before me were hundreds of people's names who did not know Jesus, and at that moment I knew what God was saying to me through the writing on the wall. "Davey, I'll take care of everything. You just be concerned about bringing people to me." I can still feel those words resounding in my soul right now as I type. It stirred me to the core and for the first time I "heard" God speak to me as clearly as writing on the wall.

So my prayer is that through these thoughts and words, you too will be stirred. That if there is someone out there in this wild cyber world who is down on their luck and their life is in shambles, they would run across this blog and it could somehow offer them encouragement. There is a God out there who longs to live inside each and every one of us and if you turn your life over to Him he will radically revolutionize your life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are way too many people out there going through the motions of ministry and eventually just "hitting the wall" instead of genuinely and refreshingly seeking HIS face and noticing HIS "writing on the wall." Keep noticing...