Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Wow, what a weekend!

Ok, so everything's right in the world - well, at least this little soap box called "my world." I met with the guys here at Daybreak and everything's going to be ok. It'll be a little tight financially this summer, but with a little budgeting (the "natural") and God's intervention (the "super) I think we're gonna see a glimpse of the supernatural this summer.

So I'm sittin in my little office here at Daybreak - there's nothing glamorous about it - overlooking the parking lot. I'm watching this wonderful Michigan rain soak the hot, black asphalt and I can't help but think about the cleansing qualities of rain. Even though it's pretty much all I see here in Michigan, I can't ignore how renewing and life-giving rain actually is. It's like exactly what I needed from God, just to hear the sound of the rain falling softly on the roof (I know you're thinking, "Davey, your sounding like a real fruit." But just bear with me . . .). I was listening to the rain and a huge rush of PEACE just flowed over me. If God can send rain from heaven, providing nourishment for thousands of plants on earth, then how much more will He provide for me (Luke 12:24-28)! So I say, "God, bring on the Rain!"

I can't wait to get things rolling here. I'm speaking on Sunday night, so be in prayer for me for that. I really think that God's going to use me to make an impact here.

I spent the weekend with the wonderful Amanda Grace running in a community 5K together, reading with her on my shoulder, playing, swimming, and "tanning" at St. Joe (Lake Michigan), and sifting through old home videos of each other. It was a blast! It's amazing how well you get to know someone when you actually spend time with that person (as opposed to long distance phone calls for 5 months). I'll be able to see her about once a week, so we will definitely get some time together this summer (YEAH!).

I was thinking, this morning as I was driving up to Hudsonville from an amazing Memorial Day weekend in Elkhart, about our relationships, particularly with our Heavenly Father. I wonder if God get's tired of long distance calls sometimes. I lay awake at night thinking about how much I would like to be with Amanda, just spending time with her on a daily basis, and sometimes I can't take the phone any longer. I just have to SEE her!

I wonder if us being on Earth is like a long distance phone call to God. I know the Holy Spirit is always surrounding us and God's presence is always with us. That's the beauty of Jesus' sacrifice; it made interaction with God available to everyone. But I can't help think that God looks forward to the day that we're in His presence in Heaven, "kickin' it" with Him all the time, personally. Maybe that's when He calls us home, when He can't take the long distance phone calls anymore and He just wants to see us and embrace us. Maybe death, the state that induces such mourning here on earth, creates an environment in heaven that blows away that of a New Year's Bash in New York City! The day that God takes us up in His arms and wipes all of our tears away will be even sweeter than when I embraced Amanda for the first time in 5 months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What! What a beautiful thought! Your words are so encouraging and well written. What a talent you have! Keep blogging - I feel I'm with you when I can read about your thoughts and feelings. I miss you, but I am oh, so proud!

Love you dearly,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »