Sunday, March 19, 2006

A Little Preview . . .

Wow . . . It has been quite a weekend. We took two of three games from Reinhardt in good old Waleska, GA this weekend. It might have been the most fun I have ever had with these guys. We even had coach rolling in the dugout with laughter before the games on Saturday. It's so much fun to be able to share times with these guys, establish relationships, and show them Jesus on a daily basis.

I went to Newspring's early service this morning and still got back in time to hop over to the ALIVE service. I know, I was super-spiritual today. Not really, but it was revitalizing to worship God all morning and learn more truths about His word. I can't believe people think they can survive spiritually without going to church. Some say that church is boring or that they can worship God anywhere so they don't need church. (Umm . . . actually God COMMANDS us to worship publicly in Church. In fact the Church is referred to as the BRIDE of Christ. I don't know about you guys but if Jesus invited me to His wedding, I think I would go!) My suggestion is find a church that is alive and rockin' and where the Bible is held in absolute authority. Newspring's service ROCKED this morning. Ed Young (yeah the guy one TV who pastors that small church in Texas--about 20,000 attendees) was the guest speaker. I've always thought that Perry Noble was the best communicator I have heard, but I had to question who held the top seed in my rankings after hearing Ed Young. If you want to check out some more stuff about Ed Young just click HERE. Ed spoke on submission to authority. Great message! You can download it HERE.

On a more serious note. Keep my girlfriend, Amanda, and her family in your prayers. She just found out that her cousin (I think he was about 21) took his own life a couple days ago. She's been in Chicago the past few days on a class trip and she just received the news today when she got back. I feel so helpless because not only am I 12 hours away from her but this whole Lent thing is keeping me from being able to be there for her on the phone. But like I told her, this is not about me and how I feel, so if you could keep her and her family in her prayers I would appreciate that very much.

Switching gears a little bit, I'm super excited about blogging this week. Make sure you stay tuned every day because I have some great ideas and some awesome topics I want to address this week. God has hit me with some serious issues and questions that I have been reading up on and researching so I can relay them to you. I trust that God will meet you where you're at when we discuss these topics, and that you'll be able to gleen as much insight from Him on these issues as I have!

I'm out! It's bedtime. I spent almost the entire day writing a paper on Sanctification and my brain is fried. When it's totally finished I see about posting a PDF of it on the sidebar for you guys. It should be able to tie any loose ends that were left hanging during our discussion about our battles with SIN. Thanks for the comments you guys posted during the series I did on dealing with SIN and Sanctification. You guys are the best!

No comments: