Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Wow . . . Must be a God thing

Ok so right after I posted that last blog, I opened up the Bible and read a little in my quiet time (I hate the term "quiet time" because I get loud sometimes when I'm spending time with God). Anyways here's what I read:

Job 21:7-16

"Why do the wicked live on, growing old and increasing in power? They see their children established around them, their offspring before their eyes. Their homes are safe and free from fear; the rod of god is not up on them. Their bulls never fail to breed; their cows calve and never miscarry. They send forth their children as flock; their little ones dance about. They sing to the music of tambourine and harp; they make merry to the sound of the flute. They spend their years in prosperity and go down to the grave in peace. YET THEY SAY TO GOD, 'LEAVE US ALONE! WE HAVE NO DESIRE TO KNOW YOUR WAYS. Who is the Almighty, that we should serve him? What would we gain by praying to him?' BUT THEIR PROSPERITY IS NOT IN THEIR OWN HANDS, so I stand aloof from the counsel of the wicked."

. . . and . . .

Psalm 90:10

"The length of our days is seventy years - or eighty, if we have the strength; yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away."

Verdict: Life is fleeting, money is not eternal! How are we going to serve others today?

No comments: