Monday, May 22, 2006

I'm Back!

Well, well, well. My long-winded sabatical from bloggin is OVER!! I'm back and I'm PUMPED! It's tough going so long without having any outlet for my thoughts. A few things I want to share with you guys:

I arrived at Daybreak Community Church in Hudsonville, Michigan last Monday. I was hoping my life would slow down a little once I got settled in and I could start blogging again. WRONG! Daybreak put on a conference this past week called the Creative Infusion Conference and we were at it for about 12 hours every day. It's similar to one of those Ed Young or Andy Stanley conferences where pastors and creative ministers come to learn about how to be innovative and emerging with the way they teach the message of Jesus Christ. IT BLEW MY SOCKS OFF! I was amazed! I was able to sit in on PhotoShop and Final Cut Pro seminars, listen to some of the most creative people in the country, and meet Ralph Winter (the producer of the X-Men and Left Behind movies). If you want to see more about this conference check out the reviews here.

I'll be keeping you guys updated on the church and exactly what I'll be doing this summer as the summer goes on. KEEP READING EVERYDAY! NO MORE SABATICALS FOR ME!

I'm reading Rob Bell's book (The Velvet Elvis). Very insightful. What's even cooler is that Mars Hill Bible Church (Rob's church) is about ten minutes down the road from me in Grandville, MI. I checked it out and I'm hoping to get over there for a service sometime and hear Rob speak. You can check out Rob's book here and Mars Hill Bible Church here.

I flew back down to T-Town (Tuscaloosa, for my non-Southern readers) from Chicago today for my bro's graduation. It was a very memorable time, looking back on my High School graduation and how much the people here in T-Town mean to me. Coping with moving right before my Senior year was not easy but the people here in T-Town welcomed me with arms wide open and I will never be able to fully express my appreciation. I'm so proud of my bro, too. My prayer is that no matter what life brings his way, he will be passionate about making a difference in people's lives for Jesus Christ.

Anyways, can't wait to get into all the things I have to share with you guys. I can't promise that it will all be interesting but I can promise to be somewhat insightful and thought-provoking. I've been wrestling with some serious life issues lately and I can't wait to express myself through this blog. Until then . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »