Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Discipleship Tonight

Wow! We had a great discipleship meeting with the guys tonight. We discussed relationships and what a Godly dating relationship looks like. The guys really opened up and shared with us what they struggle with in their relationships. It is so awesome to see a bunch of guys get together and open up like that! The best part is, after the night was over, we all held hands in a circle and prayed. To see what God has done on this team is incredible!

Phil and I had a great discussion afterwards. Phil told me tonight that he wanted faith like a mustard seed because the Bible tells us that if we had faith like a mustard seed we could move MOUNTAINS! How incredible would that be! I mean I could think of plenty of other things I would do with that faith rather than move mountains, but to be able to tell a mountain to pick itself up and move, that takes some serious power!

The other day, I heard someone say that we have the most boring name for the country we live in . . . The United States of America. It's just not a cool name like Iraq, Ajribijan, China, Japan, or Russia (I wonder what those names mean). But the name of The United States of America is not only practical, it strikes fear in the hearts of the rest of the world. Why? Because we are UNITED. It's amazing what can be accomplished when people come together on common ground and work as one unit.

If you don't have a discipleship or accountability group that you're a part of, I would suggest starting one or jumping into an already existing one. Feeling that encouragement, that UNITY, that instruction, that concern, and that support is essential in our lives. Christianity was not made to be done on our own. I could go out on the baseball field and try to play every position by myself, but no matter how much I TRIED I would never win! I could get up on stage and try to play every instrument by myself, but even if I was good at every instrument I wouldn't be able to make the music a full band can make. Our friends make us stronger! As warriors, lining up for battle side by side, under Jesus' banner, we can defeat any opposition that comes our way! Let's go to war on our knees . . . TOGETHER!